Indicators help to interpret your chart or make it easier to perceive what they represent. One of the indicators we use is the CCI (Commodity Channel Index) indicator. Below you’ll find a short explanation on how to install the CCI indicator on MT4.
This is a tutorial on how to install the Forex Trend Line Indicator on MT4, for the following strategies:
– CCI Divergence Breakout Forex Strategy
How to Install the CCI indicator step by step
- Download the CCI indicator, click HERE.
- Locate the CCI indicator file(s) and copy the file(s) (Right-click “copy” or select it and press “CTRL+C” on your keyboard). If you have downloaded it, it will most likely be in your “Downloads” folder.
- Open the “Data” folder in MT4
- A window will open up. In this window open the “MQL4” folder
- Open the “Indicators” folder
- Paste the copied file(s) from step 1 into this folder (Right-click “paste” or select it and press “CTRL+v” on your keyboard).
- Close MT4 and open it again (this is needed to load the indicator in the software’s library).
- Once opened click “Insert” -> “Indicators” -> “Custom” and select the CCI indicator you just installed.
- A window will pop up. Select the “Inputs” tab and make sure the “CCI Period” value is set to 14. Click “ok”
- Your indicator should now be visible on your chart.